Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa till Sep'14 and pregnant

Hi,

I am currently on H1B (visa expiring Sep'14). I am expecting a baby(jul14) and would not be able to continue with the work post Mar'14. My spouse is on expired L1B visa(i94 valid till May 2015). If I do not continue with my job, what are the options I have to be able to live in US?

Originally posted by alliswell1600 View Post
    Hi,

I am currently on H1B (visa expiring Sep'14). I am expecting a baby(jul14) and would not be able to continue with the work post Mar'14. My spouse is on expired L1B visa(i94 valid till May 2015). If I do not continue with my job, what are the options I have to be able to live in US?
    You can plan on moving to L2 as you are eligible to file a H1 to L2 COS as long as your spouse holds a valid L1 I-94.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You can plan on moving to L2 as you are eligible to file a H1 to L2 COS as long as your spouse holds a valid L1 I-94.

Thanks Raghvi. Does my husband's employer need to file the L2 or I can do it on my own? Also would there be a need to go out of US or USCIS will issue a revised I94 to my home address(provided everything is approved)? Further, when should I start with this process?

Comment

Originally posted by alliswell1600 View Post
        Thanks Raghvi. Does my husband's employer need to file the L2 or I can do it on my own? Also would there be a need to go out of US or USCIS will issue a revised I94 to my home address(provided everything is approved)? Further, when should I start with this process?
        You can do it on your own by filing I539. If approved USCIS will issue a new I-94 which will match your passport expiry or your spouse's I-94 whichever is earlier.

You should file for the COS before your last working day/pay day.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X