Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get H4 visa

Hello Everyone,

My situation: Actually i am waiting for an onsite opportunity and only after getting that I can apply for H4 thru my employer.

My H1B visa is getting expired on Feb 25 2014. I am planning to get H4 for my wife. Will it be an issue since my h1 is getting expired soon.
    Can I actually apply for H4 all by myself(or thru some agencies)., if so will the interviewer ask for BEP or Client letter which I dont have right now since am not into any project yet..

Also I have heard that we have to leave to US atleast before 6 weeks of visa expiration date, is it true?

your help is much appreciated

Your wife can apply for the Visa on her own. But if your employer has no plans of sending you to the US, it will be useless. There is nothing to be achieved by her applying for the Visa.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thanks kabkaba

thats fine if we dont get an opportunity after getting a h4 visa..i wanted to get one as soon as possible just to be in safer side...

if they ask for BEP/client letter, do you know how to convince them as we dont have those letters unless i get into a project...

Comment

Since you will be working at a client work location, they may ask her for evidence of that work. I will advise you to not do this. It is completely unnecessary. Having that H4 Visa does not give her any advantage whatsoever.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X