Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel to USA without H1b transfer from new company

Hi,

I have H1B visa valid till Sep 2014 from Company A and recently I moved to company B and they have initiated a H1B transfer and petition is been accepted by USICS and is under process. At this stage company C has offer me a job and says they will file H1b transfer (premium) as they have immediate onsite requirement. Right now I’m in India and I’ve visited US last year.
    My question is
    1. Is it possible to file multiple petition or H1b transfer at same time from different companies
    2. Is it possible to travel to USA while I’m working with company B before the completion of visa transfer? (I have H1b visa that says petitioner: company A. I have visited US last year)
    3. Finally my requirement is to go to USA coz company C says its immediate requirement and I need to travel ASAP. Is it possible to travel without filing a petition?

Originally posted by Prasadreddy View Post
    Hi,

I have H1B visa valid till Sep 2014 from Company A and recently I moved to company B and they have initiated a H1B transfer and petition is been accepted by USICS and is under process. At this stage company C has offer me a job and says they will file H1b transfer (premium) as they have immediate onsite requirement. Right now I’m in India and I’ve visited US last year.
    My question is
    1. Is it possible to file multiple petition or H1b transfer at same time from different companies
    2. Is it possible to travel to USA while I’m working with company B before the completion of visa transfer? (I have H1b visa that says petitioner: company A. I have visited US last year)
    3. Finally my requirement is to go to USA coz company C says its immediate requirement and I need to travel ASAP. Is it possible to travel without filing a petition?
    1. Yes.
    2. As and when you land in US , you should work only for the company on whose petition you have entered US. If you show B's petition while entering US you should work for B in US from first working day post arrival.
    3. You cannot do that. You should either work for B after entering US and then later on file a transfer to C or enter with C's approved I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X