H1B Job change what haapen to H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Job change what haapen to H4

I am currently working with company A. My wife has H4 visa stamped and she in India for vacation.

I am going to start working for company B from 27th of this month. My wife will be coming to USA after I join company B.

Does my wife have to go for stamping again as I changed job or it is enough if she carries my new I-797 from company B while entering USA? Do you see any complications while she enters USA in this situation?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Jgujju View Post
    I am currently working with company A. My wife has H4 visa stamped and she in India for vacation.

I am going to start working for company B from 27th of this month. My wife will be coming to USA after I join company B.

Does my wife have to go for stamping again as I changed job or it is enough if she carries my new I-797 from company B while entering USA? Do you see any complications while she enters USA in this situation?

Thank you.
    As long as the H4 visa in her passport is valid she doesnt need to go for a new stamping. All she has to do is show the new I797 at the Port of Entry. In rare cases the VO might give an I-94 to match the current visa and not as per the latest petition. In that case as and when her I-94 nears expiration you will have to file a I539 Extension Request using the latest I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X