No announcement yet.

New kind of question on 221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Do send the new copy and explain this too. It is always good to write a letter politely (as Veena stated) and explaining the reasons. I did too in the past for other purposes.
    Good Luck!!!

Comment

Hi,

What you should write is.

You were working for Company A and then you switched to Company B.
      You have a valid visa from Com A and new I797 from com B. Your visa is going to expire late next year and you wish to travel back to india and come back. can I come back to US using the same Visa of my previous company or not?

They would reply you in couple of day.

Comment

I did write a letter to the consulate yesterday.

I shall wait for the reply and inform you all.

Thanks a Lot.

-Ram

Comment

Hello Aminder,

It has been 5 days I mailed to both chennai and delhi consulates that we talked about, but still did not get any reply.

my request is: can you forward me the email conversation you had with consulate so that I can use the same, if at all that is fine with you. As I had some plans already made on my wife's travel and don't have much time, at the same time I don't want her to attend without the proof.
          I hope you got my point.
          Pl. let me know.

Thanks,
          -Ram

Comment

Hi,

I got a reply from their office after a week or more.. you can wait for few more days. They are definitely going to reply to your email. They are kind of slow..
            Be patient, and keep other alternatives open.

Regards..

Comment

me too (?)

This is interesting episode. I would like to know what happened.

BTW, I need to also travel similarly, i.e old but valid visa and new I 797.

Guys, am i going to face any problem ? Any words of wisdom

Also, can you please redirect me to the uscis faq page, where it says we can travel without new visa. That should probably comfort me.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Everybody,

I have got the replies from both chennai and delhi consulate that I can get back to US, so I am presenting them to the visa officer and I will update you after my wife attends for the H4.

Thanks for all your help.

-Ram

Comment

I told u they take some time

Hi,
                  I did tell you that they take some time.. but they do reply back.
                  Since you also travelled with your old Visa.. i think i should not get the problem coming back to US with my old visa and same for my wife. she has H4. We will be travelling to India in December..
                  Hey Rajpath.. when you come back.. let the whole forum know about your expereience

Regards..

Comment

Hey what are the email ids, where the query, needs to be asked ?

Comment

I came back from india with old stamp & new H1, no problem

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X