6 years completed on h1 coming to US on B1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 years completed on h1 coming to US on B1

My 6 yrs have completed on h1(only 3 weeks are left) I am currently in India waiting for my labor to get approved.
    My job profile currently is that I travel to client side for a few weeks and then work from home for a couple of months.
    I am working from home(India) currently and being paid US salary. Now my employer wants me to come to US on B1 for 2 weeks and they will continue paying me the US salary.
    I am confused, isn't it wrong to give US salary on B1?
    Can if affect my Labor/I-140/H1?

Originally posted by nids_del View Post
    My 6 yrs have completed on h1(only 3 weeks are left) I am currently in India waiting for my labor to get approved.
    My job profile currently is that I travel to client side for a few weeks and then work from home for a couple of months.
    I am working from home(India) currently and being paid US salary. Now my employer wants me to come to US on B1 for 2 weeks and they will continue paying me the US salary.
    I am confused, isn't it wrong to give US salary on B1?
    Can if affect my Labor/I-140/H1?
    You cannot work on and get paid a salary while on B1 it goes against the purpose of B1. You can get perdiem while on b1 and attend meetings.

You may be questioned at the POE for the purpose of your trip. And if you mention work it can cause issues.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X