Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kota system applicable for H1B Visa transfer from one employer to another in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kota system applicable for H1B Visa transfer from one employer to another in India

Hi,

I have a valid H1B Visa via employer A and now I am moving to employer B who will file H1B visa only once I join them. However my current employer A will cancel my existing Visa/Petition the day I leave the current organization.
    My question is, when the employer B files the new petition for me, will that go under the quota system? And how does this complete process works?

Really Appreciate early response.

Thanks,
    Rohan

Note: Both the employers have offices in the US as well.
    Last edited by rohan9185; 12-26-2013, 11:20 AM.

Originally posted by rohan9185 View Post
    Hi,

I have a valid H1B Visa via employer A and now I am moving to employer B who will file H1B visa only once I join them. However my current employer A will cancel my existing Visa/Petition the day I leave the current organization.
    My question is, when the employer B files the new petition for me, will that go under the quota system? And how does this complete process works?

Really Appreciate early response.

Thanks,
    Rohan

Note: Both the employers have offices in the US as well.
    "Kota" is a place in Rajasthan. I think you meant "quota". Nevertheless, employer B's petition would be cap exempt that is, will not go into the 65,000/20,000 "quota".

For more details read https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-portability/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X