Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on H4 Extension

Hi, Guys~

In Feb 2013 my employer applied for my H-1B extension as well as my wife's H4 extension. Both got approved and valid till Feb 2016. In Aug 2013 my wife traveled to India and got her H4 visa stamped which is valid till Feb 2016.

Now I got a full time position and my new employer applied for my H-1B transfer and my wife's H4 extension with premium Processing but my wife was in India at the time he field her H4 extension (due to miss communication he thought that she is here in US).

We got RFE for my wife's H4 on Dec-23-2013. According to the RFE the USCIS is stating that she left the US on 8/10/13, but they have no record of her re-entering the US. They want proof that my wife was in the US at the time that my employer filed her H-4 application (12/17/2013).

The same day we got RFE that is on Dec-23-2013 she entered into US and got her new I-94 which is valid till Feb-5-2016. My employer preparing to answer to the RFE with her latest I-94.

Now the questions are:

1. What are the chances of getting approval on my wife's H4?

2. If her H4 extension get denied will she go out of status? If no, she need to leave the country immediately and get her H4 stamped (Note: Her I-94 valid till Feb-5-2016)?

Please advise me. Thanks in advance.

Your post sounds too confusing because of the extension requests and travel outside.

What was the necessity for applying H4 extension the second time around when your spouse already had a valid visa stamped till 2016?
    I believe what your lawyer is already doing is right.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I am on the same boat

Originally posted by mahesh0007 View Post
      Hi, Guys~

In Feb 2013 my employer applied for my H-1B extension as well as my wife's H4 extension. Both got approved and valid till Feb 2016. In Aug 2013 my wife traveled to India and got her H4 visa stamped which is valid till Feb 2016.

Now I got a full time position and my new employer applied for my H-1B transfer and my wife's H4 extension with premium Processing but my wife was in India at the time he field her H4 extension (due to miss communication he thought that she is here in US).

We got RFE for my wife's H4 on Dec-23-2013. According to the RFE the USCIS is stating that she left the US on 8/10/13, but they have no record of her re-entering the US. They want proof that my wife was in the US at the time that my employer filed her H-4 application (12/17/2013).

The same day we got RFE that is on Dec-23-2013 she entered into US and got her new I-94 which is valid till Feb-5-2016. My employer preparing to answer to the RFE with her latest I-94.

Now the questions are:

1. What are the chances of getting approval on my wife's H4?

2. If her H4 extension get denied will she go out of status? If no, she need to leave the country immediately and get her H4 stamped (Note: Her I-94 valid till Feb-5-2016)?

Please advise me. Thanks in advance.

Hello , can you please share your experience , I am on the same boat (h4 rfe) , i was present in the US at the time of filing the extension but went to India after that and came back . What were the evidences they requested you and what was the final result ?please share your experience as it will be helpful for me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X