Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late in filing tax returns - how will it affect H1-B visa application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late in filing tax returns - how will it affect H1-B visa application?

Hi,

I came to the US in 2011 as a student. I was working as a teaching assistant in the university and was earning a stipend during the two years. I also did an internship for 3 months during my 2nd year during which I earned an income. I graduated in May 2013 and have been working on OPT since June 2013. I have been late in submitting my federal and state tax returns for 2012. I do not owe the federal or state governments any taxes - In fact, I was eligible for refunds.

Will this affect my H1-B Visa application and chances of being approved for the same? Will this have any implications in the visa stamping process?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Smriti Sharma View Post
    Hi,

I came to the US in 2011 as a student. I was working as a teaching assistant in the university and was earning a stipend during the two years. I also did an internship for 3 months during my 2nd year during which I earned an income. I graduated in May 2013 and have been working on OPT since June 2013. I have been late in submitting my federal and state tax returns for 2012. I do not owe the federal or state governments any taxes - In fact, I was eligible for refunds.

Will this affect my H1-B Visa application and chances of being approved for the same? Will this have any implications in the visa stamping process?

Thanks!
    I believe you should be able to file taxes for 2012 still. And it typically doesnt affect H1 processing. Yes it can be questioned in GC processing at much later stages if you dont file it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X