Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B - I94 Valid ?

Hello All,

My Visa is expiring in January 2014 (I-94 is valid till 2015 June), currently in L1B. If someone sponsor me for next H1B quota, is that possible to get H1B approved (I am aware of the the lottery), while staying in US with a valid i-94 till 2015 June...

Thanks!

Originally posted by gogreen View Post
    Hello All,

My Visa is expiring in January 2014 (I-94 is valid till 2015 June), currently in L1B. If someone sponsor me for next H1B quota, is that possible to get H1B approved (I am aware of the the lottery), while staying in US with a valid i-94 till 2015 June...

Thanks!
    With a valid I-94 you are allowed to stay and work till I-94 validity with your L1B sponsoring company as long as you haven't exhausted your 5 Years of stay on L1B. Also, if you file L1 B to H1B as COS then you should work only with H1 B sponsor post COS approval. And as and when you leave US you would need to go for stamping and get valid visa stamped in passport in order to return.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      With a valid I-94 you are allowed to stay and work till I-94 validity with your L1B sponsoring company as long as you haven't exhausted your 5 Years of stay on L1B. Also, if you file L1 B to H1B as COS then you should work only with H1 B sponsor post COS approval. And as and when you leave US you would need to go for stamping and get valid visa stamped in passport in order to return.

This is my opinion not legal advice
      Thanks for the reply. I was checking if the valid I-94 good enough to apply for H1B when L1B (current Visa) is (will) expired....

Comment

Originally posted by gogreen View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I was checking if the valid I-94 good enough to apply for H1B when L1B (current Visa) is (will) expired....
        Yes it is as long as you dont travel out of US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X