Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chennai-Consulate-Recent-Experiences

Hi Folks,

My wife had been to chennai for her H1 stamping. She was here with me on H4. They asked for additional documents and then when we gave what they asked for, they stamped her passport. But when she went second time she was prepared to be rejected and took it easy. Well in this process she shared wtih me lot of things. So I just wanted to post here.

1) The consulate has been definitely getting tougher now with ZERO tolerance policy (compared to the good old days like even 2 months ago)
    2) Looks like lot of women when they appear before consul officer for a H4 they were almost into tears with anxiety and nervousness. Please educate your family and friends not to go there with a worried mindset. We are letting ourselves down infront other CITIZEN. Well, even if that is true don't feel vulnerable when you go for a Stamping interview. After all what is wrong in being Confident. please read the following case (my wife overheard one conversation where the officer denied a H4)

Officer: Did your husband stay with your after marriage and for howlong?
    Applicant(H4) : No (she was confused) and then said agian Yes for 3 months we were together.
    Officer: Then how did he have paystubs for those 3 months with full pay
    Applicant(h4): Confused and said they pay even on vacation
    Officer: Where does your husband work?
    Applicant : I guess in PA
    Officer: Why does the paystub show NY?
    Applicant: Confused and said donno
    Officer: Your husband is trying to fool us, you are denied forever.

And that puts an end to her options of ever coming here. I know what they must have gone through.

But I wanted to reiterate again, that ask your spouses and family to be confident and present them the facts. I know many of us need to do lot of adjustments some times..but when we present the case the ALIBI should be PAKKA.

3) And prepare your parents if they are applying, that they should be ready for rejection.

Aagain, if you have all the documents properly, then the consulate is there to stamp you..not to REJECT YOU. You will sure GET IT even if you go second time.

BEST OF LUCK.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X