Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for H1-B visa while Spouse applies for J-1

Hi,
    I am an IT professional and I was offered a job in the US, in a large company that will sponsor my H1-B visa.
    They are supposed to file the H1-B application in April 2014, in order to start workin in October 2014.

My wife has a PhD and she would like to start he postdoctoral fellowship at around the same time.

1) Can she apply for her J-1 visa while my H1-B is being processed?
    2) Can that jeopardize the chances of my H1-B being accepted, or her J1, either by the consulate or at port of entry?
    3) Is there any other option for me to be able to accept the job and my wife to be able to do her fellowship?

I must note that I have no plan to apply for a Green Card based on my H1-B.

Thanks in advance,
    Ariel

Originally posted by asakin View Post
    Hi,
    I am an IT professional and I was offered a job in the US, in a large company that will sponsor my H1-B visa.
    They are supposed to file the H1-B application in April 2014, in order to start workin in October 2014.

My wife has a PhD and she would like to start he postdoctoral fellowship at around the same time.

1) Can she apply for her J-1 visa while my H1-B is being processed?
    2) Can that jeopardize the chances of my H1-B being accepted, or her J1, either by the consulate or at port of entry?
    3) Is there any other option for me to be able to accept the job and my wife to be able to do her fellowship?

I must note that I have no plan to apply for a Green Card based on my H1-B.

Thanks in advance,
    Ariel
    1. Yes she can.
    2. I dont think so.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X