Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New employer H1B stamping and H4 visa - submitting DS160 for spouse before marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New employer H1B stamping and H4 visa - submitting DS160 for spouse before marriage

Hi,

I recently change my employer from A to B and is currently with B.
    My visa is stamped with A employer but I have the new I 797 approved for B employer (visa stamping for B was not done yet)
    I'm getting married by Feb 1st week and will be in India for only 1 week after marriage and would like to process H4 for my wife and take her along with me.
    Given this scenario, can I fill my DS 160 and schedule an appointment for me to get my visa stamped for my current employer B. While doing so, can I put my maritial status as Married and have my spouse fill her DS 160 as well before marriage so that I get ample time to book the interview slot within the one week I'm there after my marriage? I intend to take the interview post marriage and I'll make sure I have marriage certificate is with me.

Is this a good and fair approach or do i need to submit my DS 160 with status as married only on the day or later of my correct marriage date?

If that is the case, what would be the best option to get the visa appointment the very next week of my marriage?

Kindly advice

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X