Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b stamping 3 to 5 months before current h1b expiration date

Hi to all Members,

I am planning to travel to the India next month. My current H1b is expiring in month of may(2014). Visa already expired on passport so need to go for stamping before coming back. My question is; If i have h1b extension approval before I leave for India, Can I go for h1b stamping with new approved I797? How many months before can we go for stamping with new approval while previous h1b still valid?
    If not, Can I go for stamping with previous h1b approval notice which is expiring in may 2014? Is there any issue if it is expiring in next few months?

Your help will be really appreciated
    Thanks

your help will be really appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by steward View Post
      your help will be really appreciated
      Whats the start date of the petition?

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

That will be from May 2014 to May 2017.

Comment

That will be from May 2014 to May 2017.
          This could potentially be a problem. As the next petition is valid only from May 2014 onward technically you cannot enter till 10 Days or less before that start date using that petition so if your petition is starting May 2014 then earliest you cna enter using that petition is April 20th.

I would say you delay the travel to match the petition date if you want to take the advantage of going for stamping during the travel period in order to get the latest visa stamped.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi,

I have current petition which is valid until May 2014. I read somewhere on us visa India website that you can apply for h1b stamping up to 90 days in advance but you can not enter in the USA before 10 days of your work start date. but they also mentioned that you can enter if you are currently working in the USA on h1b visa with same petitioner.
            If you have more information on it please let me know.

Thanks again for your help and time.

Comment

I am currently same state , planning to travel to the India Mar-14. My current H1b is expiring in month of April(2014). This is my first time H1B Stamping and moved from L1B to H1B.. .

My question is;
              If i have h1b extension approval with same employer before I leave for India, Can I go for h1b stamping with new approved I797 and How many months before can we go for stamping with new approval while previous h1b still valid?
              My Family is planning to travel back before new I797 kick off ?

Comment

As per previous answer from an expert I believe it should be fine.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...-Before-Expiry

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Future Extension Date and Stamping on Current H1 B

Can you please let me know How did your stamping go and did you had any Issues going for stamping with future petition ?

Hi to all Members,

I am planning to travel to the India next month. My current H1b is expiring in month of may(2014). Visa already expired on passport so need to go for stamping before coming back. My question is; If i have h1b extension approval before I leave for India, Can I go for h1b stamping with new approved I797? How many months before can we go for stamping with new approval while previous h1b still valid?
                  If not, Can I go for stamping with previous h1b approval notice which is expiring in may 2014? Is there any issue if it is expiring in next few months?

Your help will be really appreciated
                  Thanks

Comment

Can you please let me know How did your stamping go and did you had any Issues going for stamping with future petition ?

Comment

Hello Steward,

Comment

Similar situation

I'm in similar situation here, can you please let me know what can be done? Or please share your experience.

Your help is highly appreciated!

Originally posted by snowits View Post
                        Hello Steward,

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I already had H-1B Visa stamped on my passport till November 16, 2016 because my old H-1B application(I-797) expires till November 16,2016.

Now, I am planning to go for Canada for a vacation in next 1 month and in parallel also get H-1B Visa stamped for new I-797 H-1B.
                          Can I go for visa stamping in next 1 month since new I-797 H-1B petition got approved and already started from August 15,2016?
                          In worst scenario, If visa stamping gets rejected can I still come back to USA since I have old visa stamping till Nov 16, 2016?

Can anyone please help me understand…

Comment

Originally posted by Visa@123 View Post
                            Hello Everyone,

I already had H-1B Visa stamped on my passport till November 16, 2016 because my old H-1B application(I-797) expires till November 16,2016.

Now, I am planning to go for Canada for a vacation in next 1 month and in parallel also get H-1B Visa stamped for new I-797 H-1B.
                            Can I go for visa stamping in next 1 month since new I-797 H-1B petition got approved and already started from August 15,2016?
                            In worst scenario, If visa stamping gets rejected can I still come back to USA since I have old visa stamping till Nov 16, 2016?

Can anyone please help me understand…
                            Now I am in same boat. What happen to your visa and validity of I-94? Appreciate your help

Comment

Please share your experience on H1 B renewal stamp (4 months in advance)

Hi, I'm in the same situation, please share any experience.

Current H1-B stamp was obtained in Vancouver, Canada and is valid until July 5, 2018. My company applied for H1 B renewal via premium processing and received new I 797 which has dates from July 6, 2018 - 2021.

If I travel to India on March 1, 2018, can I appear for interview and the H1 B stamp for new I 797?

US travel doc website mentions that for new employment, we cannot apply for visa more than 90 days in advance but my scenario is for renewal with the same company.

Going through lot of forums mentions it's ok get it done 4 months in advance if travelling to home country but looking if anyone has personal experiences.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X