H4 visa, 221g-green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa, 221g-green

I went for my H4 stamping to Mumbai consulate today. I was asked about my past PhD thesis work in US, so I explained that (Microbiology). Then she asked how many years was I married so I replied 6 and then she handed the 221g saying I need to email documents. I am confused because 221g form says I need to submit sponsoring organization, resume, intended research purpose, purpose of visit, funding etc. I think I need to provide my husband's documents and not mine 'cuz it is H4 visa. Is this correct? Anyone has any other ideas or previous experience? Also, if I need to submit my information for above Qs can I write that I do not have funding and don't intend to work and in either case what do I need to write in my invitation letter from sponsoring organization in US, will this be a letter from my husband?

Thanks in advance.

H4 visa, 221g-green

I am facing the exact same situation. I appeared for an interview on 4th March for my H4 and got a green 221g. It says that i need to submit various documents like invitation, resume, research details, funding details etc.
    Should i prepare these documents as applicable to me or to my husband (he has an H1B visa)?
    I.e. should i submit my resume and say that I have done no research and do not intend to do any research and have no research funding and that my US travel is funded by my husband and i have no invitation from any organization.
    OR
    should i submit my resume and say that I have done no research and do not intend to do any research and have no research funding and that my US travel is funded by my husband and get an invitation letter for me from my husband's organization (inviting the spouse of a recently married employee).

If anyone already figured it out please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by richa221 View Post
      I am facing the exact same situation. I appeared for an interview on 4th March for my H4 and got a green 221g. It says that i need to submit various documents like invitation, resume, research details, funding details etc.
      Should i prepare these documents as applicable to me or to my husband (he has an H1B visa)?
      I.e. should i submit my resume and say that I have done no research and do not intend to do any research and have no research funding and that my US travel is funded by my husband and i have no invitation from any organization.
      OR
      should i submit my resume and say that I have done no research and do not intend to do any research and have no research funding and that my US travel is funded by my husband and get an invitation letter for me from my husband's organization (inviting the spouse of a recently married employee).

If anyone already figured it out please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.
      TAL Listed degree holders/employees generally are scrutinized extra. Provide your resume and if you dont have any plans of research/employment provide a cover letter mentioning the same.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi richa221 and umamahajan,

My wife got a same query on 11th March at Mumbai consulate. She is on H4 and she has been in USA since Feb, 2012 and not doing any study in USA. She did her MPharm in India (graduated in 2010).
        First, I hope you both got your visa approved.

It would be really help us if you guys let me know what documents did you submit?
        Is there any way my wife can contact you in India?
        or you can send me any details on my email ID - [email protected]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

221g Green slip for H4visa in Mumbai

Me and my wife went for visa interview together, I got my H1B approved but
          my wife received 221G green slip to submit documents. She was on H4 visa
          for last two years since Feb 2013.
          Before that she did MS in Biotech and worked for 2 years.
          Visa officer asked for her invitation letter, resume, professional references,
          funding, research, purpose etc. She doesnt work anymore so how can I get these documents.
          Need help, please
          let us know what you guys submitted and did you receive approval for H4.

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X