H1 B Cap Exempt, PETITION EXPIRED, VISA NOT STAMPED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Cap Exempt, PETITION EXPIRED, VISA NOT STAMPED

I have a question with regard to my existing H1-b Cap.

One of the previous Employer (Say Company A) filed H1-B for me in April, 2007 and I got approval in October, 2007. I got I-129 and I-797 Documents. My petition was valid from 01-Oct-2007 to 13-Aug-2010.

However, my H1-b never got stamped and I left this company in May, 2008, so they may not have cancelled the petition till that date, however I do not know whether they have cancelled it or not.

Now my present employer (Say company B), and to file H1-B for me.

Can I use the same cap and utilize non-exempt category ? IF so then what is the last date till the time I can utilize it to get it stamped ? How much will I get to work in U.S.A. ?

Thanks,
    -Karnav

Originally posted by Karnav View Post
    I have a question with regard to my existing H1-b Cap.

One of the previous Employer (Say Company A) filed H1-B for me in April, 2007 and I got approval in October, 2007. I got I-129 and I-797 Documents. My petition was valid from 01-Oct-2007 to 13-Aug-2010.

However, my H1-b never got stamped and I left this company in May, 2008, so they may not have cancelled the petition till that date, however I do not know whether they have cancelled it or not.

Now my present employer (Say company B), and to file H1-B for me.

Can I use the same cap and utilize non-exempt category ? IF so then what is the last date till the time I can utilize it to get it stamped ? How much will I get to work in U.S.A. ?

Thanks,
    -Karnav
    There isnt much clarity available on this. But I would say that if one was Cap counted within last 6 Years or if one was in US in H1 status within last 6 years and the entire 6 Years hasnt been exhausted then the remainder time on H1 can be re captured.

In your case you were not in US on H1 in last 6 Years so I am afraid it might not be usable. Also, you were not part of the last 6 H1 Caps (2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14) so you may not be eligible.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hey raghvi,

Thanks for you answer.

Can you point out someone who can provide legal advice ?

Thanks,
      -Karnav.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X