Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is total duration required to get h1b non exempt visa stamped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is total duration required to get h1b non exempt visa stamped?

I had applied for fresh H1b visa and my petition was approved on Nov2012. The petition is approved for 6 years. I had my visa stamped and it expired on Nov 2013. (Visa validity was only 1 year). I did not travel to US during that time.

Today i.e, on 24 Jan 2014, my employer told me that they can apply for H1B cap exempt visa. My query here is:

1) Can we apply for VISA immediately. (In other words can cap exempt VISA be applied in any month of a given year).
    2) How much time is required to get the visa stamped after I apply for the VISA (with and without premium precessing).

Thank you.

Originally posted by alok6008 View Post
    I had applied for fresh H1b visa and my petition was approved on Nov2012. The petition is approved for 6 years. I had my visa stamped and it expired on Nov 2013. (Visa validity was only 1 year). I did not travel to US during that time.

Today i.e, on 24 Jan 2014, my employer told me that they can apply for H1B cap exempt visa. My query here is:

1) Can we apply for VISA immediately. (In other words can cap exempt VISA be applied in any month of a given year).
    2) How much time is required to get the visa stamped after I apply for the VISA (with and without premium precessing).

Thank you.
    1. Yes
    2. Premium 3-4 Weeks, non premium 2-3 Months. The time increases if there are RFEs and more chances of RFE if there multiple layers between you and final client.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X