Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approved but not traveling to US

Hello Friends,

I need some information about this topic. My petitioner has filed for H1B and it got approved. But due to certain personal reasons I am not traveling to US and conveyed the same to my petitioner. Petitioner is fine with my decision but is asking for all the expenses they have incurred for processing my H1B (more than 2lakhs rupees).

Is it legal for them to ask this expense? I know that it was my last moment decision not to travel but there are times when we have to take strong decisions. There is nothing in writing between me and petitioner that says that in case I rejected the offer I will have to bare the expense amount. I checked DOL website and other google stuffs, but did not find relevant information.

Eagerly waiting for the legal and expert comments.

Thanks,
    Sam

Originally posted by samsonone View Post
    Hello Friends,

I need some information about this topic. My petitioner has filed for H1B and it got approved. But due to certain personal reasons I am not traveling to US and conveyed the same to my petitioner. Petitioner is fine with my decision but is asking for all the expenses they have incurred for processing my H1B (more than 2lakhs rupees).

Is it legal for them to ask this expense? I know that it was my last moment decision not to travel but there are times when we have to take strong decisions. There is nothing in writing between me and petitioner that says that in case I rejected the offer I will have to bare the expense amount. I checked DOL website and other google stuffs, but did not find relevant information.

Eagerly waiting for the legal and expert comments.

Thanks,
    Sam
    If there is nothing in writing/email then its fine. Its also illegal to pay for ones H1 though.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X