H1B to H4 to H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I was working with Company A but they fired me as they did not want to file for my H1b extension .So I joined company B who did my visa transfer but they do not have projects they still looking for projects but now i am planning to go to H4 and come back on h1 once i have proper job

1. Can i change my visa from H1 to H4 ? If i do as soon as I get H4 receipt will i be considered on H4 ? or do i have to wait till final approval and I will be considered as H1?
    2. Suppose I get job in few months can I do my visa transfer from H4 to H1b as i still have 3 years left on my H1b?

Appreciate your help,

Regards

Comment

New Question - Travel (H1B to H4 to H1B)

Hi Team,

I am in the same situation where initially I had H1B(i.e. Stamped valid till 2018) from my organization but I came back to India after the project got completed. I was not getting any project due to which I came to US on H4, I was also searching for some projects at the same time. I got an offer and company has filled the change of status and got the new petition as well.

Now, my question is if I have to travel back to India for a week for some urgent work, do I have to go to stamping again as I dont have the stamp for new H1B petition and my last entry show as travelled on H4?

Please suggest me on what needs to be done, as it would be difficult for me to go for stamping again. Is there any other way, we can go about this ?

Thanks,
      Dheeraj

Comment

Originally posted by Dheerajm View Post
        Hi Team,

I am in the same situation where initially I had H1B(i.e. Stamped valid till 2018) from my organization but I came back to India after the project got completed. I was not getting any project due to which I came to US on H4, I was also searching for some projects at the same time. I got an offer and company has filled the change of status and got the new petition as well.

Now, my question is if I have to travel back to India for a week for some urgent work, do I have to go to stamping again as I dont have the stamp for new H1B petition and my last entry show as travelled on H4?

Please suggest me on what needs to be done, as it would be difficult for me to go for stamping again. Is there any other way, we can go about this ?

Thanks,
        Dheeraj
        Is your H1 visa in the passport still valid? Was it not marked CWOP while H4 visa stamping was granted?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Is your H1 visa in the passport still valid? Was it not marked CWOP while H4 visa stamping was granted?
          Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, H1B Visa in the passport is still valid( as in H1B visa expriy date is in 2018).

No, It was not marked as CWOP.

Thanks,
          Dheeraj
          Last edited by Dheerajm; 10-26-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dheerajm View Post
            Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, H1B Visa in the passport is still valid( as in H1B visa expriy date is in 2018).

No, It was not marked as CWOP.

Thanks,
            Dheeraj
            In that case you can use it and if asked show the latest I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              In that case you can use it and if asked show the latest I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
              Thanks for the response again, so while re-entering in US, I have to show my H1B visa which is still vaild, although from a different organization and then show the new I797. Is that correct ?

Thanks,
              Dheeraj C Moolya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X