• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by ambuj View Post
    Hi
    My visa and my I94 got expired on DEc2013.Now another company extended my H1B and we got to approval till Feb2013.
    Now I will get the updated I94 but still the visa stamp on passport reflects the expired date.

If I got to India now with my current I94 (the extended one) So while coming back do I need to go for stamping again.I mean the whole process that is in place for fresh H1b /
    and what would be the total processing fees.

Also do I need to go to consulate in USA to get my visa stamp on passport get extended as well.
    Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Leave a comment:

• ambuj
    replied
    Stamping H1 visa on India Visit

Hi
    My visa and my I94 got expired on DEc2013.Now another company extended my H1B and we got to approval till Feb2013.
    Now I will get the updated I94 but still the visa stamp on passport reflects the expired date.

If I got to India now with my current I94 (the extended one) So while coming back do I need to go for stamping again.I mean the whole process that is in place for fresh H1b /
    and what would be the total processing fees.

Also do I need to go to consulate in USA to get my visa stamp on passport get extended as well.

Leave a comment:

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by rak_007 View Post
    I am on H4 visa. My husband came here on H1B in OCtober 2012 with Company A. We had Visa validity till Oct 2014 and I94 also till Oct 2014. In Nov 2013, he got employed by Company B and got H1b transfer with an extension till Oct 2016. We both got out new I797A, one on my Husband's name and one on my name. Now my question is I want to go to India for a visit in May 2014. So do I need to go to stamping when I am in India? Because of my husband\'s change of employer....Or can i just go and return without going for stamping since I have a valid I94 and Visa till Oct 2014? Please advice me....
    As long as you travel before expiry of your current H4 you need not go for fresh stamping. You can enter with existing visa but new I797. Make sure you get I-94 corresponding to new I797. If you dont you will have to apply new extension after entering US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Leave a comment:

• H1B change of employee..Stamping for H4 visa on Indian Visit

I am on H4 visa. My husband came here on H1B in OCtober 2012 with Company A. We had Visa validity till Oct 2014 and I94 also till Oct 2014. In Nov 2013, he got employed by Company B and got H1b transfer with an extension till Oct 2016. We both got out new I797A, one on my Husband's name and one on my name. Now my question is I want to go to India for a visit in May 2014. So do I need to go to stamping when I am in India? Because of my husband\'s change of employer....Or can i just go and return without going for stamping since I have a valid I94 and Visa till Oct 2014? Please advice me....

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X