Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Approved H1 Petetion - Cap Exemption :::Need Suggestion

Hi There -

Firstly I would like to apologize if this is a repetitive question in this forum. Though it might have already discussed in most of the forums however I didn't get an accurate information regarding my query and would seek your kind suggestions here:

1. I have an approved H1 Petition with an X company which was never used and it was approved in 2007 and I didn't even approach for visa stamping
    2. I am currently working on L1 for a Y Company and in USA from almost 10 months, and my total stay in USA is only 10 months.

Here my question is, will I be CAP exempted and convert to H1 now from L1. In most of the discussion everyone says that it is valid only for 6 years of tenure but one of the attorney confirmed that if we have entered USA before 6 years completion and working on any other visa like L1,O1 etc October 2013 to USA then we are very much eligible to make a conversion and even provided me a reference wherein that particular person is working currently on same older petition extended and approved.

Looking at my current situation, looking for additional inputs from senior members and any other suggestion, comments .....

GKL

hi ashfaq,

were you able to switch from L1 to H1b and what is the process?

regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X