Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Extension - pre-emptive premium processing (when there are 5.29 months left)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension - pre-emptive premium processing (when there are 5.29 months left)

Is filing extension in premium quite preemptive is risky? (i.e. RFE or rejection) -- by experience - by rule, this is perfectly fine. Thanks in advance !

Details - and more questions:

I am using vendor letter to file for my extension and there i a good chance that my project will not be renewed after three months. If so, I might end up changing my vendor and location of work (new project)

Plan - I want to plan an India trip in next few months.
    Facts -
    My H1B stamp, i-94 expires in Aug 2014.
    Have my GC i-140 approved.

@Options -

1) I file for extension now, in regular processing and wait for approval.
    Worse case scenario - If there is an RFE, after two months, my client won't help me caz they contract is ending soon anyways. And that's the time when I will be looking for another client/vendor location.
    Question 1) Will it be complicated to reply to that RFE, using a new location (change of location) and change of vendor?

2) I file for extension in Premium processing when I have 5-6 months left on my i-94 expiration.
    Question 2) - Will it increase chances of RFEs if I do it preemptive and instead of regular, I file premium?
    My employer's background is solid and my cases have been super smooth so far - so I suspect it would be a problem, unless it raise USC's eyebrow for me doing it in so hurry. (got stamped well, visa was filed in premium and i-140 of GC + labor was approved without any hick-ups , though it was all in regular processing)

Option 3) Wait for my project to come to an almost end (MAY), and find another client/vendor/location in May.
    And then file extension using regular process or premium

Question #4) Can I travel to India when my extension is on file , and what if it runs into RFE?
    I am well stamped till Aug this year.

- David
    Appreciate your help !

H1B Extension - pre-emptive premium processing (when there are 5.29 months left)

I would start looking for another client if the current one would not extend at all. The chances are high for the approval if you have a valid client letter to match up your project itinerary.

1. Try to find a long term client who can give you client letter. Join them by applying LCA, and then apply h1 extension in premium.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Thanks kadkhiq81 - now a days, it has got very difficult to find a corp role.
      For skills that I have, I get more of FT roles. In fact I do have a potential FT offer but I dont wanna leave my Emp, unless I really have to. Too much of commitment, right?

So coming back to my old question -
      -- Is it risky to file extension in premium, when you have 5 months and 20 days left on you current H1B i-94 (and also stamp)?
      -- Since I don't have any other corp clients right now, I want to go ahead and file for extension right now. Isn't it better then filing it after three months, when I have no one to hold my hands? (if not premium, then regular one). Now, let's say in worse case, my contract doesn't get extended after 3 months from now, and if I get RFE, will it be tough for my employer , to respond to it with new vendor, new location?
      This is the same thing which might happen if I apply after 3 months. (assuming I may not immediately find a destination, after three months). Finding vendor is easy - but location will change
      -- Can I travel to india, when my extension is in progress (or under RFE)? I am stamped and my i-94 is valid for next 6 months

Appreciate your suggestions!
      --- David
      Last edited by Beckham; 02-18-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

1. I guess, it is bit of a risky as you have enough time, but Cannot predict though.

2. Yes, You cannot change the client details when u responding to the RFE

3. You cannot travel when the extension petition is pending. It might get approve without I94.

This is my opinion .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X