Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit on H1B

Hi,

I had to quit on my job on H1B due to undue stress. I have found a different employer in 6 weeks. The gap between my last paycheck is 6 weeks.

Now my question is :

Do I disclose to the new employer about my H1B being out of status?
    Or should I just give them the documents and let them figure it out? Has anybody handled this in the past?

Please help urgently.

Thanks
    Last edited by shruti.och; 02-17-2014, 04:33 PM.

Originally posted by immhelph1 View Post
    Hi,

I had to quit on my job on H1B due to undue stress. I have found a different employer in 6 weeks. The gap between my last paycheck is 6 weeks.

Now my question is :

Do I disclose to the new employer about my H1B being out of status?
    Or should I just give them the documents and let them figure it out? Has anybody handled this in the past?

Please help urgently.

Thanks
    Its better to tell them. They will eventually figure it out if you don't. One of the primary documents to submit is proof of maintaining valid status currently and that can be provided only if you are able to submit up to date pay stubs which you would not be . As you are not getting paid you are technically out of status. And its not possible to get approval for a transfer while staying in US if not been maintaining valid status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Its better to tell them. They will eventually figure it out if you don't. One of the primary documents to submit is proof of maintaining valid status currently and that can be provided only if you are able to submit up to date pay stubs which you would not be . As you are not getting paid you are technically out of status. And its not possible to get approval for a transfer while staying in US if not been maintaining valid status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Yes, I have gotten the same legal advice from a lawyer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X