Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent H1B Education Evaluation guidance needed

Hi,

I have 3 years regular bachelors degree and 2 years distant learning PGDBA from INDIA and have 8+ years of work experience with major MNCs in INDIA. I am getting my H1B filed this year and my employer has asked me to get detailed experience letter from previous employer to get the education evaluation done as I have 3 years degree. I have relieving letter and service certificate from my previous employer but they have asked me to get a detailed experience letter listing my job duties. It will be very difficult to co-ordinate and get this letter from my previous employer.

My question is - my 3 years regular degree and 2 years distant PGDBA degree will not suffice as a bachelor degree for processing H1B? or will I have compulsory get detailed experience letter from previous company? Kindly help me asap.

Thanks
    PR

Originally posted by prajani View Post
    Hi,

I have 3 years regular bachelors degree and 2 years distant learning PGDBA from INDIA and have 8+ years of work experience with major MNCs in INDIA. I am getting my H1B filed this year and my employer has asked me to get detailed experience letter from previous employer to get the education evaluation done as I have 3 years degree. I have relieving letter and service certificate from my previous employer but they have asked me to get a detailed experience letter listing my job duties. It will be very difficult to co-ordinate and get this letter from my previous employer.

My question is - my 3 years regular degree and 2 years distant PGDBA degree will not suffice as a bachelor degree for processing H1B? or will I have compulsory get detailed experience letter from previous company? Kindly help me asap.

Thanks
    PR
    Generally if one doesnt have 4 Years Indian Bachelor's- which is considered equivalent to US Bachelor's, employers try to make up for it by showcasing the employee's experience. Distant PGDBA may not be able to compensate. Again, the experience needs to be in the same field hence the need for detailed experience letters. But I dont believe they need the letter from the employer , any colleague from the same organization could help you out.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X