I am afraid of deportation at POE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am afraid of deportation at POE

I have a valid h4 visa till oct, 2014. I lived in the US for 9 months until I decided to come back to my home country to cool things off. Unfortunately I was served with divorce papers from my husband when i got back from the US

He has stopped all forms of communication with me and even my parents. The things is I want to go back to the US to try and reconcile because I know I can make things better. Even if I cant, I would like to pack the rest of my belongings.

My husband changed jobs right before I left the US. My question is since I would not have access to any of his H1B documents, am I eligible to enter the US? What are the risks if I attempt to enter the US without his knowledge/approval?

Another option is to go in for a B1/B2 visa. What are my chances given I have a husband in the US and I am currently not employed in my home country since I resigned my job to be with him?

Originally posted by spicey View Post
    I have a valid h4 visa till oct, 2014. I lived in the US for 9 months until I decided to come back to my home country to cool things off. Unfortunately I was served with divorce papers from my husband when i got back from the US

He has stopped all forms of communication with me and even my parents. The things is I want to go back to the US to try and reconcile because I know I can make things better. Even if I cant, I would like to pack the rest of my belongings.

My husband changed jobs right before I left the US. My question is since I would not have access to any of his H1B documents, am I eligible to enter the US? What are the risks if I attempt to enter the US without his knowledge/approval?

Another option is to go in for a B1/B2 visa. What are my chances given I have a husband in the US and I am currently not employed in my home country since I resigned my job to be with him?
    Technically till divorce is finalized you are eligible and entitled to travel on the H4. I would suggest you seek help from a family and immigration lawyer to take this forward.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X