Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please!!

Hi,
    Currently i am on H4 visa ( Valid visa) with employer A. My husband has changed his employer recently and his H1b visa transfer (from employer A to employer B) is in process. His H1b visa transfer petition is still pending. Can I travel back to U.S on my Valid H4 visa with employer A ? Because now my husband works for employer B.
    Please guide.

Originally posted by Bakul View Post
    Hi,
    Currently i am on H4 visa ( Valid visa) with employer A. My husband has changed his employer recently and his H1b visa transfer (from employer A to employer B) is in process. His H1b visa transfer petition is still pending. Can I travel back to U.S on my Valid H4 visa with employer A ? Because now my husband works for employer B.
    Please guide.
    Visas are not tied to a company as per se. Your H4 is tied to your spouse's valid H1. So yes, you can travel on H4 as long as its valid, and your spouse is maintaining valid H1 status in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Visas are not tied to a company as per se. Your H4 is tied to your spouse's valid H1. So yes, you can travel on H4 as long as its valid, and your spouse is maintaining valid H1 status in US.

Ok. So though my husband is not working with employer A but has valid visa with employer A. In this case, his dependent on H4 can travel to U.S. is it right?

Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Dependents need H4 visa, as long as they have the valid H4 visa and approved I797 of the employer for which the primary H1 employee is working , they would be able to travel.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X