Family Travelling in H4 visa while H1B is revoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Travelling in H4 visa while H1B is revoked

I have EAD valid until March 20015 and H1B approved until September 2016. My family (Dependent) too got their EAD at the same time I got but they are in India for the past 18 months. When I renewed my EAD & AP back in March 2014, my family was in India and could not renew their EAD & AP.

My company lawyer advising me that to apply for renewal of my family's EAD & AP they have to be in US. Only option for them to travel into US; is to get their H4 visa stamped based on my valid H1B visa then they can travel to US. Once they are US, they can apply for renewal of EAD & AP.

My H1B is valid /active when my family goes to Indian consulate for H4 interview. Hopefully there is no issue in getting their H4 stamping done. But I have a situation developing with my employer that I might lose my job in that case my employer will revoke my H1B status & LCA as soon as they let me go.

Is it allowed to travel in H4 visa when the related H1B is revoked? Please note I am working in EAD and it is valid until March 20015. My family too has their EAD & AP but expired back in March 2014.

Please advise. I hope I made the question clear.

Appreciate your help.
    Last edited by jayalrkar14; 03-05-2014, 05:14 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X