H1 Transfer - Travel to India and back to U.S on earlier employer's visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer - Travel to India and back to U.S on earlier employer's visa

i am currently working with Employer A and my H1 and Visa are valid till May 2015.

If i change my employer and transfer my H1 to a new employer B, can i re-enter U.S on my existing visa from employer A.

My apologies if this sounds silly but can my previous employer A cancel the Visa on my passport and i not know about it, or would they need my passport to cancel my visa or is there nothing like Visa Cancelation.

Thanks

Originally posted by rajnair_p View Post
    i am currently working with Employer A and my H1 and Visa are valid till May 2015.

If i change my employer and transfer my H1 to a new employer B, can i re-enter U.S on my existing visa from employer A.

My apologies if this sounds silly but can my previous employer A cancel the Visa on my passport and i not know about it, or would they need my passport to cancel my visa or is there nothing like Visa Cancelation.

Thanks
    Visa, though has the Company's Name on it isnt attached to the company as per se. So yes, you can enter on A's visa, but you have to show B's petition. If you enter on A's visa and Show A's petition you have to work with A. If you enter on A's visa but showing B's petition you can work for B. Also, sometime the officers at the POE may grant I-94 only till the visa expiry date not as per petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Visa, though has the Company's Name on it isnt attached to the company as per se. So yes, you can enter on A's visa, but you have to show B's petition. If you enter on A's visa and Show A's petition you have to work with A. If you enter on A's visa but showing B's petition you can work for B. Also, sometime the officers at the POE may grant I-94 only till the visa expiry date not as per petition.

Thanks Raghvi, any opinion about my second question on Visa Cancelation

Comment

Originally posted by rajnair_p View Post
        Thanks Raghvi, any opinion about my second question on Visa Cancelation
        The employer cannot cancel your visa on the passport. Only US Gov authorized Immigration Official can do so.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X