Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merida, Mexico - H1B Stamping experience March 2014

Hey all,

I just got back from Merida last week and I thought of posting my VISA Stamping experience.

My appointment was for Monday(ASC) and Tuesday. I flew to Cancun with my wife (she did not need stamping) and stayed there for a couple of days and took the ADO bus from Cancun downtown to Merida on Sunday evening. Arrived @ Merida Sunday night and checked in @ the hotel.

Morning took a cab for 50pesos (around 5 USD) to the ASC center and got the ASC appointment done. I went early and they let me in, process was done in less than 10mins. Took a cab back to the hotel.

Tuesday - my appointment was at 10:15, I went around 10am and was let in immediately. Unfortunately on the day I went, there were only 2 counters open and it took me a long time. I waited almost 2hrs and went to my window for the interview at 12:30. I recently changed my employer, had taken the old I140 and PERM. Only 3 questions asked.
    > How long have you been working in US? xx yrs.
    > What kind of work are you doing currently? blah blah blah
    > What kind of work were you doing for your previous company? same work, just changed the employer

He then told me that my VISA has been approved and I can collect it tomorrow, I asked if I could collect it today itself, he replied that since it is past 12, they might not be able to give it today. He told me I can come by 4:00pm today and give it a try, else tomorrow 4:00pm.

At 4:00pm, I came to the consulate and found a couple of folks who got interview earlier in the morning, got their passports. Everyone else who gave their interview past 12, including me, we collected our passports the next day at 4:00pm.

About the hotels: ASC center is in the downtown of Cancun and consulate is near the hotel zone. The hotels near the hotel zone (Fiesta Americana, Hyatt, Holiday Inn, El Presendente) are at a walkable distance to the consualate, but very expensive. You get good hotel's in downtown for half the price.

I took the same bus back to Cancun on Wed and flew back on Thursday. Very easy process and Merida is a very nice place. A perfect place for holiday with family.

Reach out to me if anyone needs information. I hope this was helpful.

Merida H1b stamp - Dec 2014

Hi,

I have an h1b renweal appointment on Dec 19th in Merida. When I called the visa-info service, they said it will take 4 weeks to renew h1b due to busy season. Any thoughts? Based on what I have read so far it seems like it is taking no more than 1-2 days for normal cases.

Please let me know.

Thank you

Originally posted by cyanide View Post
    Hey all,

I just got back from Merida last week and I thought of posting my VISA Stamping experience.

My appointment was for Monday(ASC) and Tuesday. I flew to Cancun with my wife (she did not need stamping) and stayed there for a couple of days and took the ADO bus from Cancun downtown to Merida on Sunday evening. Arrived @ Merida Sunday night and checked in @ the hotel.

Morning took a cab for 50pesos (around 5 USD) to the ASC center and got the ASC appointment done. I went early and they let me in, process was done in less than 10mins. Took a cab back to the hotel.

Tuesday - my appointment was at 10:15, I went around 10am and was let in immediately. Unfortunately on the day I went, there were only 2 counters open and it took me a long time. I waited almost 2hrs and went to my window for the interview at 12:30. I recently changed my employer, had taken the old I140 and PERM. Only 3 questions asked.
    > How long have you been working in US? xx yrs.
    > What kind of work are you doing currently? blah blah blah
    > What kind of work were you doing for your previous company? same work, just changed the employer

He then told me that my VISA has been approved and I can collect it tomorrow, I asked if I could collect it today itself, he replied that since it is past 12, they might not be able to give it today. He told me I can come by 4:00pm today and give it a try, else tomorrow 4:00pm.

At 4:00pm, I came to the consulate and found a couple of folks who got interview earlier in the morning, got their passports. Everyone else who gave their interview past 12, including me, we collected our passports the next day at 4:00pm.

About the hotels: ASC center is in the downtown of Cancun and consulate is near the hotel zone. The hotels near the hotel zone (Fiesta Americana, Hyatt, Holiday Inn, El Presendente) are at a walkable distance to the consualate, but very expensive. You get good hotel's in downtown for half the price.

I took the same bus back to Cancun on Wed and flew back on Thursday. Very easy process and Merida is a very nice place. A perfect place for holiday with family.

Reach out to me if anyone needs information. I hope this was helpful.

Comment

Dec 2014 h1b stamping in Merida Mexico

Hey Ufoalien....i am shocked to hear this news..i have already taken dates for Merida location for Dec 30th 2014. I also thought it will take 1-2 days.

Did you hear back anything from them again ? what are your plans ?

also , for ASC appointment, did you have to courier them any package before going for fingerprinting ?

please let me know.

thanks
      ashutosh

Originally posted by ufoalien View Post
      Hi,

I have an h1b renweal appointment on Dec 19th in Merida. When I called the visa-info service, they said it will take 4 weeks to renew h1b due to busy season. Any thoughts? Based on what I have read so far it seems like it is taking no more than 1-2 days for normal cases.

Please let me know.

Thank you

Comment

Hey Ashutosh,

I'll call US visa info service again and would highly recommend you do the same. Also I responded to your other post. Email me directly at hardikrs at google email and we can coordinate. I'm not aware of sending anything via courier prior to the ASC appointment.

Originally posted by Ashutosh Limaye View Post
        Hey Ufoalien....i am shocked to hear this news..i have already taken dates for Merida location for Dec 30th 2014. I also thought it will take 1-2 days.

Did you hear back anything from them again ? what are your plans ?

also , for ASC appointment, did you have to courier them any package before going for fingerprinting ?

please let me know.

thanks
        ashutosh

Comment

Hi Ashutosh,

I called them this morning and now they are saying 3-5 business days. Please let me know what do they say when you call with questions. Here is the number incase you need it 703-439-2313.
          Originally posted by ufoalien View Post
          Hey Ashutosh,

I'll call US visa info service again and would highly recommend you do the same. Also I responded to your other post. Email me directly at hardikrs at google email and we can coordinate. I'm not aware of sending anything via courier prior to the ASC appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X