H4 to H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1B Transfer

Hi, We are in US. My Husband is on H1B and I am on H4 status, and they are valid till 24th July 2014. So my I-94 expires on 24th July 2014. I am planning to file H1B for myself for this year in April. Will there be any issue in processing my H1B application as my H4 expires on July24th as there is no proof of continuity of staying further. My Husband already filed his H1B extension but did not included me. In this case, will my H1 application is accepted or not? Will there be any issues?

Originally posted by Shailaja542 View Post
    Hi, We are in US. My Husband is on H1B and I am on H4 status, and they are valid till 24th July 2014. So my I-94 expires on 24th July 2014. I am planning to file H1B for myself for this year in April. Will there be any issue in processing my H1B application as my H4 expires on July24th as there is no proof of continuity of staying further. My Husband already filed his H1B extension but did not included me. In this case, will my H1 application is accepted or not? Will there be any issues?
    First thing you need to do is ensure your I-94 extension is filed along with your spouse's H1 extension. Without you getting an H4 extension in hand your COS to H1 would not be possible .

H1 in general, if approved as COS, would kick in only from 01-Oct-2014 or later. So in order for this to happen you should have a valid status on 30-Sep-2014. Since your I-94 is expiring on 24-July-2014 itself, unless you have an H4 extension filed/approved USCIS will not approve the COS to H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Shailaja542 View Post
      I am in the same boat about my wife,how did you deal with the i-94 issue, what happened later?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X