H4 to F1/H1B ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1/H1B ??

If I am on H1B status and my wife on H4. Does she have to wait for some time before applying for emplyment in order to get her H1B process going ? Or can she apply for an H1B immediately ? Or is it preferable for her to change her status to F1 and then after graduating apply for H1B ?
    If anyone could please help with the above I'd be grateful, thanks !!

she can apply directly for H1B. There is no need to go for F1 and then H1B. But at the same time she should have the same kind of education background as the field in which she is planning to get her H1B done. (it is not mandatory but it is always a plus point when getting your visa stamped).

Comment

Originally posted by joeferns79
      If I am on H1B status and my wife on H4. Does she have to wait for some time before applying for emplyment in order to get her H1B process going ? Or can she apply for an H1B immediately ? Or is it preferable for her to change her status to F1 and then after graduating apply for H1B ?
      If anyone could please help with the above I'd be grateful, thanks !!
      Hi,
      You will have to keep in mind that H1B is subject to an annual cap, which is over for the year 2006. She will have to wait until the next year's quota.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

H4 to H1B

Hi,

I am on H4 visa for about 6 months now.
        Can someone advise me on how to go about finding an employer who will sponsor H1B for me?
        I will be obliged if someone can share their experiences on the same with me.
        Thanks!

Priya

Comment

thanks guys !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X