H1 cap exempt and COS filling time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 cap exempt and COS filling time

I am under H1 cap and my employer is ok to file a COS from L1 to H1 with cap exempt.
    I want to know if there is a period(like before April) when COS has to filled or it can be done at any time in the year ?

-
    Best Regards
    Supra

Originally posted by supra View Post
    I am under H1 cap and my employer is ok to file a COS from L1 to H1 with cap exempt.
    I want to know if there is a period(like before April) when COS has to filled or it can be done at any time in the year ?

-
    Best Regards
    Supra
    Hi Supra,

You should be eligible for OOC filing, as in you should have held H1 status in last 6 years or have exited US in last 6 years whichever is later.
    If you are eligible OOC can be filed anytime of the year, no particular time. Personal suggestion not to file in April.

Comment

Originally posted by parag1jain View Post
      Hi Supra,

You should be eligible for OOC filing, as in you should have held H1 status in last 6 years or have exited US in last 6 years whichever is later.
      If you are eligible OOC can be filed anytime of the year, no particular time. Personal suggestion not to file in April.
      Thanks for the response. sorry for my lack of knowledge but what is OOC ?

Here is some more details on my case:
      I was working for employer A on L1 and employer B filled my H1 which got approved. I did a leap frog and stayed with employer A on L1. I never worked on H1 status.
      Employer A is willing to file COS from L1 to H1 with cap exempt.

Comment

Originally posted by supra View Post
        Thanks for the response. sorry for my lack of knowledge but what is OOC ?

Here is some more details on my case:
        I was working for employer A on L1 and employer B filled my H1 which got approved. I did a leap frog and stayed with employer A on L1. I never worked on H1 status.
        Employer A is willing to file COS from L1 to H1 with cap exempt.
        OOC is Out Of Cap aka as "Cap Exempt". As Parag mentioned you are cap exempt and the employer can file a cap exempt petition. You need to provide them the Approval notice to initiate the same.

This is my opinion

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X