Contract for h1 filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract for h1 filing

One of the company sent me a contract to sign according to that if I leave company before 3 years,I have to pay 25000$ to them. Is it legal in US. They have not offered job to me but they say they will file my h1 only if I sign this. Their salary is also not very good but it's best option for me as I am on h4 currently. Please suggest me .

Originally posted by divjais186 View Post
    One of the company sent me a contract to sign according to that if I leave company before 3 years,I have to pay 25000$ to them. Is it legal in US. They have not offered job to me but they say they will file my h1 only if I sign this. Their salary is also not very good but it's best option for me as I am on h4 currently. Please suggest me .
    25000 Is no petty change. Any employer who asks to pay for H1 or imposes such criteria doesnt seem genuine.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      25000 Is no petty change. Any employer who asks to pay for H1 or imposes such criteria doesnt seem genuine.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Yes, I understand that but I don't have other choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by divjais186 View Post
      Yes, I understand that but I don't have other choice.
      I am looking for legal advice. As they did not offer me job legally. is contract legal? They say once my status changes to h1 they will offer the job.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X