No announcement yet.

URGENT!!!...How to transfer H1 to H4 along with spouse H1 revalidation in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT!!!...How to transfer H1 to H4 along with spouse H1 revalidation in India

Hi,
    I am currently on H1 which is valid till Nov 2007. My wife so far is on H1 but now has plans of changing it to H4. Both of us do not have a valid stamp on our passports and revalidation is required. We are planning to go to India soon and have plans to do the foll:
    1. I would revalidate my VISA based on my current H1B.
    2. My wife would file for H4 and get her passport stamped with the new H4 VISA (based on my current H1B). It would be a H1 to H4 transfer for her.

I know the procedure for # 1 but not sure how to go about #2. Is it possible to get #1 and #2 done at the same time at Chennai consulate. Would H1 to H4 transfer for my wife be through I-539 or a different procedure since it's to be done in India. What docs are needed to transfer the VISA (H1 to H4) in India.

There is an emergency in India and we can not wait for my wife to do her VISA transfer (H1 to H4) in US which generally takes 2-3 months. Please help us to figure this out. Please do suggest any other alternaive, if exists.

Thanks in advance..
    PG

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X