Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed employer, applying H4 for spouse

Hi All,

Was working with Company A, visa is valid till Sep 2014. However I changed my company from A to B got new petition which is valid thru 2016.
    I went to India and came back to US (2 weeks vacation) after the transfer and did not go for stamping as my visa was valid till Sep 2014.
    Now again I am going to India in June 2014 for my marriage and will be back in 3 weeks (well before my visa expires which is sep 2014)

Now question is I will be applying H4 for my wife and she will be travelling with me in June. Do I have to go for stamping as well since I changed my employer ? My understanding is that since I have valid visa (first time stamping from Company A) till Sep 2014. I dont need to go for stamping. ONly concern is my visa has my previous employer name. Let me know if my understanding is right or not

Originally posted by H1Use View Post
    Hi All,

Was working with Company A, visa is valid till Sep 2014. However I changed my company from A to B got new petition which is valid thru 2016.
    I went to India and came back to US (2 weeks vacation) after the transfer and did not go for stamping as my visa was valid till Sep 2014.
    Now again I am going to India in June 2014 for my marriage and will be back in 3 weeks (well before my visa expires which is sep 2014)

Now question is I will be applying H4 for my wife and she will be travelling with me in June. Do I have to go for stamping as well since I changed my employer ? My understanding is that since I have valid visa (first time stamping from Company A) till Sep 2014. I dont need to go for stamping. ONly concern is my visa has my previous employer name. Let me know if my understanding is right or not
    Technically you dont need to go for stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X