Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H4 and I94 issue

Hi,

One month back my wife came to USA on H4 visa. She got her H1 approved after landing in USA.

We went to social security office for applying SSN. They told us that existing I-94 is showing the H4 status. She need a new I-94 with H1 status.

They asked us to contact local INS office for new I-94 with H1 status. Is it possible to get new I-94 from INS or she need to go back to India and come back again after getting stamped?

Can you please let us know about the process to get new I-94 from INS, if it is possible.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vaman.

Vaman

did'nt she get an I-94 attached in the I797 ????

Comment

Hi Rahul,

I94 is not attached to her H1 papers.

Thanks much for your immediate response.
      Vaman.

Comment

hey vaman
        i may be totally wrong but as i know when you have a change in visa/status the you get a new I-94 in your I797. But if you applied your wifes H1B as person living in other country so you will not get I 94 then it is fresh H1B not status change. She can get the H1B stamped in Mexico/Canada. But do your research for how many people were successful in getting something like this. Since she would not have pay stubs etc. So just open a new thread and see what people experienced in such a situation.
        Best of luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X