H1B Transfer, need fresh re-entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer, need fresh re-entry

I just had my H1B visa transferred to a new employer, and due to some complications, must make a fresh re-entry in the USA. However, due to my country of citizenship, I need a visa for almost anywhere.

Is there any way I can make this re-entry without entering any other country? For example, just leave the USA on one of the bridges towards Canada, but not really enter Canada, turn back, and re-enter USA?

I need a visa for Canada and Mexico, and I want to travel as little, not have to get a visa, and make a re-entry in USA. How can this be achieved?

Originally posted by trb88 View Post
    I just had my H1B visa transferred to a new employer, and due to some complications, must make a fresh re-entry in the USA. However, due to my country of citizenship, I need a visa for almost anywhere.

Is there any way I can make this re-entry without entering any other country? For example, just leave the USA on one of the bridges towards Canada, but not really enter Canada, turn back, and re-enter USA?

I need a visa for Canada and Mexico, and I want to travel as little, not have to get a visa, and make a re-entry in USA. How can this be achieved?

I dont know what you mean by "some complications". If you avoid Border Patrol, its unlikely that your status would be rightly updated in the records.

Why not do it the right way and get a visa and re enter?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Employer Filing H1b Transfer again after rejection

Hi,

Need help on below question.

1. I joined employer B on petition number (Still regretting my decision) , after joining within 2 weeks my transfer petition got rejected. I am right now in US and not working ( On leave since then). My Employer is waiting on getting rejection notice from USCIS. Whatever is outcome of denial , can my new employer file a new H1b Transfer again.

2. If i moved to india and my h1b transfer is filed by same employer after initial denial, should i have to get my new visa stamped with employer B name on it. ?

Regards,
      Neelabh

Comment

Yes, of course I am doing it the right way, but I am trying to do it as simply as possible, without traveling too far.

So, can you please elaborate on the procedure? Why do you say "get a visa and re enter"? I already have a visa stamp from my old employer in my passport. What is it that I need to do?

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        I dont know what you mean by "some complications". If you avoid Border Patrol, its unlikely that your status would be rightly updated in the records.

Why not do it the right way and get a visa and re enter?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X