Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Principal applicant's petition number in DS 160 for H-4 Visa

Hi,

I currently have a valid H-1B visa which is valid upto September 30, 2014 and my employer has filed for an extension (under premium processing), which will begin on October 1, 2014. I'm getting married in June and my wife will be applying for her H-4 visa in June. My question is,

1. In the DS-160 form, should she enter my new petition number in the notice filed for extension (start date - October 2014). If this is the case, will her H-4 start only from October ?

2. Is there any way to leverage both the current visa and the extended visa, in her DS-160 ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

If she need to appear for a stamping in June, Mention your current H1B Petition Number.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Not a Legal Advise, Just my Opinion

Originally posted by nathan12 View Post
    Hi,

I currently have a valid H-1B visa which is valid upto September 30, 2014 and my employer has filed for an extension (under premium processing), which will begin on October 1, 2014. I'm getting married in June and my wife will be applying for her H-4 visa in June. My question is,

1. In the DS-160 form, should she enter my new petition number in the notice filed for extension (start date - October 2014). If this is the case, will her H-4 start only from October ?

2. Is there any way to leverage both the current visa and the extended visa, in her DS-160 ?

Thanks a lot for the help.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    This is FYI and not legal.

Comment

Thank you criss. What should I do with the extension approval then ? Should she just carry the approval notice to the interview ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X