Can an H4 be deported for domestic violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an H4 be deported for domestic violence

I am a girl who is on an H1 and my husband is on H4. We have been married for over 5 years. Things aren't good between the two of us. He has been abusing me mentally and physically. We have a kid who is 4 years old. He is threatening to commit suicide/ kill me if I don't give in to his demands.

The divorce laws in the US are complicated. If I file for a divorce, I may be required to pay for his lawyers fee and may even have to give him alimony. I cannot bear these expenses. Things get even more complex, since there is kid.

I have decided to divorce him in India. It is going to be a while before we go to India. Meanwhile, I am worried about my child's safety and mine.

Can he be deported if I complain to the cops about him?

Hello, Anon101.

Sorry to learn about your situation. I am not sure what is the best way. I would suggest do connect with an attorney in USA before you decide to take up the matter in India. Legal matters are complex and cumbersome. Who will keep attending courts in India or keep responding to court summons on your behalf? Cases drag on for decades in India - you would know as you are from India.

So, consult an attorney and decide the best course then. I am afraid i do not know much on separation matters.

I wish you peace.

All the best.

Cheers,

Originally posted by anon101 View Post
    I am a girl who is on an H1 and my husband is on H4. We have been married for over 5 years. Things aren't good between the two of us. He has been abusing me mentally and physically. We have a kid who is 4 years old. He is threatening to commit suicide/ kill me if I don't give in to his demands.

The divorce laws in the US are complicated. If I file for a divorce, I may be required to pay for his lawyers fee and may even have to give him alimony. I cannot bear these expenses. Things get even more complex, since there is kid.

I have decided to divorce him in India. It is going to be a while before we go to India. Meanwhile, I am worried about my child's safety and mine.

Can he be deported if I complain to the cops about him?
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X