Gap between employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap between employment

I am currently working for employer A. I gave a job interview for employer B and got selected. Employer B has already applied for a H1B transfer which was also approved. Now my last working day for employer A is 04/25 and employer B has asked me to join on 05/12. So there is a gap of 14 days between my employment. Will I be out of status during this gap period? Is this 14 days of gap period going to cause any issues.

Hello, Samudra.

From what i understand, a gap in employment on an H1B visa is not permitted, even a single day's gap. Please do consult other people, if possible, an attorney. Any gap in employment is deemed being out of status on the visa as the condition of the visa ceases to be met when one is out of employment. I know of someone who was asked to leave the country and enter with a fresh stamp on the passport for an 8 day gap in employment. The transfer was approved but he was asked to go for Consular Processing.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Samudra Som View Post
    I am currently working for employer A. I gave a job interview for employer B and got selected. Employer B has already applied for a H1B transfer which was also approved. Now my last working day for employer A is 04/25 and employer B has asked me to join on 05/12. So there is a gap of 14 days between my employment. Will I be out of status during this gap period? Is this 14 days of gap period going to cause any issues.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X