H4 to H1.. Travel to India and stamping reqd.. URGENT HELP reqd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1.. Travel to India and stamping reqd.. URGENT HELP reqd

I am on H4 visa and applied for H1b this year.
    I am planning to go to India after I know the result. I am expecting to know the result by April End(Applied it in Premium Processing)
    Assuming I get my Visa, Can I travel to India on H4 and come back on H4. (probable dates to go is in May and return in June or July)
    I have to get my stamping done for H4 as I have the stamping till oct 2013.
    Will I face any issues during stamping>
    Will my H1b remain the same. I read about Change of status (though didn't get understand much of it), will the COS get voided .

Another query is My Husband's H1b visa is valid until Oct 2014. He will be applying an extension in July.
    I have to go for stamping on the existing visa , which is valid until Oct 2014.
    If I go for stamping in May , will they give the stamping for only 5 months?
    Will I face any issues in the consulate because of my H1b visa ?
    Please give your inputs.

Originally posted by abburus View Post
    I am planning to go to India after I know the result. I am expecting to know the result by April End(Applied it in Premium Processing)
    Assuming I get my Visa, Can I travel to India on H4 and come back on H4. (probable dates to go is in May and return in June or July)
    I have to get my stamping done for H4 as I have the stamping till oct 2013.
    Will I face any issues during stamping>
    Will my H1b remain the same. I read about Change of status (though didn't get understand much of it), will the COS get voided .

Another query is My Husband's H1b visa is valid until Oct 2014. He will be applying an extension in July.
    I have to go for stamping on the existing visa , which is valid until Oct 2014.
    If I go for stamping in May , will they give the stamping for only 5 months?
    Will I face any issues in the consulate because of my H1b visa ?
    Please give your inputs.
    Please put questions in bulleted number format to make it easier to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Please put questions in bulleted number format to make it easier to respond.
      Re posting with bulleted format..

Assuming I get my Visa,
      1. Can I travel to India on H4 and come back on H4. (probable dates to go is in May and return in June or July)
      I have to get my stamping done for H4 as my current stamping was until Oct 2013
      2. Will I face any issues during stamping , as I have to go for stamping on the existing visa , which is valid until Oct 2014.
      3. Will I face any issues in the consulate because of my H1b visa ?
      4. Will my H1b remain the same.
      5. I read about Change of status (though didn't get understand much of it), will the COS get voided .

Please give your inputs.

Comment

Your two statements contradict each other:

I have to get my stamping done for H4 as my current stamping was until Oct 2013

Will I face any issues during stamping , as I have to go for stamping on the existing visa , which is valid until Oct 2014.

Which one is correct? Till when is your H4 visa valid? Till when is your current H4 I-94 valid? If your husband's H1 is valid till Oct 2014 how come your H4 is valid only till Oct 2013?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X