Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to L1 transfer

Hi,
    I'm currently holding my H4 visa.I was working in a s/w company in India before coming to US.I came to US 5 months back.Is there any possiblity for me to change my H4 to L1(blanket or premium)visa?can i work for the same company here in US?please clarify my doubt asap as i'm in urgent need of this info.

Regards,
    Leela

Hi,
    You will certainly qualify for L1 if you have worked for the parent company outside US for a period of 1 years in the last 3 years. I am not sure though, whether a H4 to L1 COS will be allowed from within US. I think you have to travel out and get the L1 visa to start working for the co.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

H4 to L1 transfer

Thanks veena for your advice. Is it enough for me to go to canada instead of India to get my L1 stamped? Do you know anybody facing the same situation like me earlier?

Regards,
      Leela

Comment

H4 to L1 Transfer

Thanks veena for your advice. Is it enough for me to go to canada instead of India to get my L1 stamped? Do you know anybody facing the same situation like me earlier?

Leela

Comment

Hi Leela,
          If you choose to go to the border, do so with an open mind to face a redirection, in case it happens, if it does not happen, you are lucky. But do make sure with the co./its attorney whether you really require a stamping on your pasport to start working.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

h4 to l1 transfer

hi,
            could anyone help me in the process of changing my visa status from h4 to l1. currently im on h4 and want to change to l1. i have a valid l1 petition.do i need to go outside the US to change my visa status.

thanks

Comment

COS from H4 to L1 is not a good idea. Go out of the country and re-enter in L1 visa (You will need to get it satmped, if you don't already have a valid L1 stamped in your passport).
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X