Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1b Transfer with Greencard Sponsorship on EB-2 Visa

Hi,
    I am currently on the 5th year of my H-1B left with only 1.5 years of my total 6 years of H-1B visa status. My current employer has given me time only till April 30,2014 to give them a firm answer whether I would like to get my EB-2 based Greencard sponsorship done from them or not but am looking for jobs and I am positive about getting hired from Company B which I recently appeared for interview. In case Company B takes the decision of not hiring me, I would still like to actively search for new jobs.Let say I go ahead with my current employer for my GC sponsorship considering the short time and continue my job search in parallel then:

1) At what stage of my EB-2 GC can I change employers?
    2) Is the process of changing Employers while Greencard is in progress same like H-1B transfer or much complicated than that?
    3) How much time does USCIS normally take for EB-2 GC LCA and I-140 approval ?
    4) My current employer might not be willing to port my I-140 in case I get a job after my I-140 is approved. In that case do I have to restart my EB-2 GC application with my new employer from scratch? What happens to my priority date in that case?

I understand I have multiple questions above but I will HIGHLY appreciate everyone who provide their answers and be very greateful to you, many thanks ahead of time!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X