Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to inida while H1 B extension period

Hi All,

I need your advice for my extension h1b process.

I have valid visa till 14' Nov 2014. I will be travailing to US (first time) by June 1st and I have my family function in Oct 3rd week . So I have to come to India by that time. I will back to US Nov 1st. This time I planed to take my family with me.

I understood from other similar question from this forum that once we applied for the extension we cant travel to India. Correct me if I am wrong. I am also not sure my employer will go for premium process for me . I have to discuss with my unknown new manager in onsite once I reach there.

My question is Can I apply for a extension (myself/family) once I come to US by Nov 1st 2014 where I have only 14 more days to expiry?.

Please advice me with your experience if any other options please. Thanks all.

Regards,
    Mani.

Travelling to inida while H1 B extension period

You should submit your extension petition on or before the I 94 expiry date. You would receive this I 94 once after you have reached here in the US.

LCA process would atleast take 2 weeks of time. So, if you really want to travel and want to apply the extension after your return, try to initiate the LCA process before your travel and get it certified. Make sure you have all the paper work ready to submit. Once you return back, submit the extension petition along with your new I 94 copy.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      You should submit your extension petition on or before the I 94 expiry date. You would receive this I 94 once after you have reached here in the US.

LCA process would atleast take 2 weeks of time. So, if you really want to travel and want to apply the extension after your return, try to initiate the LCA process before your travel and get it certified. Make sure you have all the paper work ready to submit. Once you return back, submit the extension petition along with your new I 94 copy.

This is my opinion.
      Thanks alot kadkhiq81. SO I can apply extension for my wife too once return back to US. Is my understanding correct?

Comment

Travelling to inida while H1 B extension period

Yes, You can apply together.

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X