Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa transfer

Hi ,

I am currently working on H1 B visa which is valid untill sept 2015 , my dependents has h4 visa stamping but in India , they did not travel to USA. Now I am planning to change my employer , can my dependent still travel with the H4 visa (with old employer) when my H1 transfer is in process.

Let me know the right way for a safe journey of my dependents without complications .

Originally posted by getsiva View Post
    Hi ,

I am currently working on H1 B visa which is valid untill sept 2015 , my dependents has h4 visa stamping but in India , they did not travel to USA. Now I am planning to change my employer , can my dependent still travel with the H4 visa (with old employer) when my H1 transfer is in process.

Let me know the right way for a safe journey of my dependents without complications .
    They dont need to go for fresh visa stamping as long as they have a valid visa while entering US. But do make sure they are carrying the approved petition of the employer you are working with at the time of their entry into US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H4 Dependent VISA Query

Hello Sir/Mam,

I am on H1B Visa, and my wife has H4 dependent visa but she is currently in India.
      As of now we don't have each other name in our Passport.
      Now we want to apply passport for our just born child in India , as per the instructions on passport seva site, Either Mother or Father should have their spouse name in the passport so that they can apply for their child.

I have a question, if my wife applies for change of personal information ( Last Name / Address / Spouse Name Addition) for her passport. Will the US VISA will be transferred to the new passport or we will have to follow some process regarding the same.
      OR
      or should I still go with her old surname / address and just apply for the addition of my name to her passport so that I can apply for my child passport, will her new passport
      will have the H4 VISA ?

Can you please help regarding the same, as we are not aware of the process that needs to be followed in such scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by getsiva View Post
        Hi ,

As long as they are travelling with a valid visa and copy of your approved petition of the employer you are working with at the time of their entry into US it should not be an issue.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
        Last edited by raghvi; 05-11-2014, 11:16 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X