H1 B Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Extension

Hi, I am currently on H1B visa and it is expiring on Oct 1st 2014. Right now my husband is on H1B, so I am planning on taking a 6 month gap and travel to India on H4 (not applying for H1B extension) and come back to US on H4. Once I am back in US, If an employer is ready to sponsor, do I need to wait till April for H1B quota to release or they can apply from existing H1B to H1B extension???
    Suggestions please.....

Originally posted by silpainaganti View Post
    Hi, I am currently on H1B visa and it is expiring on Oct 1st 2014. Right now my husband is on H1B, so I am planning on taking a 6 month gap and travel to India on H4 (not applying for H1B extension) and come back to US on H4. Once I am back in US, If an employer is ready to sponsor, do I need to wait till April for H1B quota to release or they can apply from existing H1B to H1B extension???
    Suggestions please.....
    It depends on if you've maxed out your H-1B or not. If you maxed out his 6 year limit on your H-1B and you haven't stayed outside the U.S. for at least a year, then you'd be subject to the H-1B cap again. But if you still have a lot of time on your H-1B left, the clock will pause when you change to H-4 status and then resume when you go back to H-1B status.

Cheers,
    Jackie

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X