Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa- Drop box(IWP)- Administrative Processing

Hi,
    My Wife and Kid went and submitted the required documents for H4 Visa Stamping through Drop Box method (Interview Waiver Program).

04/25/2014 - Submitted Documents
    04/28/2014 - My Kid's case created
    05/01/2014 - My Wife's Case created
    05/01/2014 - Both the case status changed to Ready
    05/02/2014- Both the case status changed to "Administrative Processing".

I called and asked is there any further documents required ?. They told to wait. if they need something they will call or email.

Anyone had these experiences ?

Should get cleared in 15 days usually.

Hi,

I have had the experience of my case going through Administrative processing last year, mine was H1B and I went for an Interview.

My wife and I went for stamping on a Thursday in Feb 2013 after our marriage and the next monday, my wife's passport with H4 stamping was ready for pickup while my case went into Administrative processing.

It took me 2 weeks to get my passport back which was 2 just days before I had to travel back to the US as my tickets were already booked.

It was VFS (that was the facilitator to US consulate, now Stanley) at that time and each one of the representatives that I talked to, had different answers. From my personal experience, I felt that they were not well trained. They said to me that they cannot escalate my case until it is past two weeks as it is the minimum time that they were instructed to wait before they escalated any case to the US Embassy. I finally found a representative after 8 or 10 days probably who heard to all what I said and told that he/she is escalating the case. After a day or two the status changed and from there within 1 day, my passport was ready for pickup.

I don't know if the case status changed because he/she escalated and they checked it on priority (or) if the processing/checks that were to be performed completed by then.

After going through several articles on this topic 'Administrative Processing' on the internet and talking to another colleague who worked with me in my client's place, I understood that there are several different departments within the USCIS that have to give a green signal for your Visa to be issued. And a case gets into administrative processing when one or more of the departments have not yet given their green signal.

I would say just to 'Stay Positive' and wait to hear from them. In my case, I wasn't asked for any additional documents.

This is not a legal advice.

Comment

Any update ?

Hi vn1295,

Did you get any update on the case yet ?

Please share your experience.

Thanks!

Comment

Totally Unexpected issue

Hi Viz,
        On 05/05/2014, status changed to "Issued" and "Ready to Pickup". My wife went and picked the passports and verified there itself.
        Actually my current H1 is expiring in 29-Jun-2014. Got the extension till 30-April-2017. But they again printed the visa based on the old H1 which is valid till 29-Jun-2014. We didn't expect this error. And gave back immediately for correction. Now the latest update is

05/06/2014- Case updated and status as "Ready".
        05/07/2014 - Administrative Processing.

Hopefully will get correct visa in couple of days.

Comment

Finally Got it.

Originally posted by vn1295 View Post
          Hi Viz,
          On 05/05/2014, status changed to "Issued" and "Ready to Pickup". My wife went and picked the passports and verified there itself.
          Actually my current H1 is expiring in 29-Jun-2014. Got the extension till 30-April-2017. But they again printed the visa based on the old H1 which is valid till 29-Jun-2014. We didn't expect this error. And gave back immediately for correction. Now the latest update is

05/06/2014- Case updated and status as "Ready".
          05/07/2014 - Administrative Processing.

Hopefully will get correct visa in couple of days.
          05/08/2014 - We got the corrected visa. After all struggle feeling great now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X