Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New H1b approved - withdrawn - Cap exempt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1b approved - withdrawn - Cap exempt?

Hi friends,

Got my 1st H1b approved last week (just the petition, no visa stamping yet), after the lottery took place. I'm outside of US. Never visited States and never got any visas.

1. If employer will withdraw my h1b petition after it was approved (i have 797 docs with me) will I be able to file new petition under "Cap exempt" with the new employer, let's say in a few months?
    2. Am I eligible for Cap exempt for next 6 years if approved petition is withdrawn and never used ?

I know that i am eligible for Cap exempt for next 6 years if approved petition was never used or expired, but not sure if it applies to withdrawn petitions. Can someone please clarify?

I researched many topics and forums, and some people say "yes", some "no". The reason I am asking is that i have some problems with employer who filled that initial petition. I hope we will resolve them, but still just want to know my options.

Any input highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by kote; 05-05-2014, 02:58 AM.

Originally posted by kote View Post
    Hi friends,

Got my 1st H1b approved last week (just the petition, no visa stamping yet), after the lottery took place. I'm outside of US. Never visited States and never got any visas.

1. If employer will withdraw my h1b petition after it was approved (i have 797 docs with me) will I be able to file new petition under "Cap exempt" with the new employer, let's say in a few months?
    2. Am I eligible for Cap exempt for next 6 years if approved petition is withdrawn and never used ?

I know that i am eligible for Cap exempt for next 6 years if approved petition was never used or expired, but not sure if it applies to withdrawn petitions. Can someone please clarify?

I researched many topics and forums, and some people say "yes", some "no". The reason I am asking is that i have some problems with employer who filled that initial petition. I hope we will resolve them, but still just want to know my options.

Any input highly appreciated. Thanks.
    1. Yes as long as you have the approval Notice with you.

2. Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X