Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa for L2 visa holder when L1 is in US but L2 is still in India

Hi All,

I have my L2 visa which is dependent on my wife's L1 visa, she is now in US since April 2014 (I have never traveled US). My employer in India applied for my H1B visa this year and I also got selected in lottery. My question is does my L2 visa affect any chances of my H1B getting approved in interview or its a normal case.
    I am asking this question as I heard for few other visa types that some of gets rejected due to relatives with blood relations staying in US OR spouse in US.
    Hope its not the case here but still want your opinion on that.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by dsoftware View Post
    Hi All,

I have my L2 visa which is dependent on my wife's L1 visa, she is now in US since April 2014 (I have never traveled US). My employer in India applied for my H1B visa this year and I also got selected in lottery. My question is does my L2 visa affect any chances of my H1B getting approved in interview or its a normal case.
    I am asking this question as I heard for few other visa types that some of gets rejected due to relatives with blood relations staying in US OR spouse in US.
    Hope its not the case here but still want your opinion on that.

Thanks in advance.
    No it should not affect. Your H1 would be decided in the merits of your employer having a job for you and being able to pay you as well as you having the requisite qualification for that job. Its got nothing to do with L1/L2.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X