Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about bank records

Hello everybody,

This question is regarding h1 visa interview documents. Is it mandatory to produce personal bank records for the past six months, along with the visa application. Please let me know if anybody has been through the situation of not producing bank records, along with the visa application, when they appeared for the interview.

Thanks for ur time,
    Vasu

it is NOT compulsory but good to have
    i went last week and gave my bank passbook but she returned and said not required. if u r not having then she may ask so better take it with u if u have and if there is no issue in taking

My H1B was approved without passbook and without salary slip of current employer.

Comment

Hi Vasu,
      It is not mandatory to produce your bank statements in India for your first H1B stamping. Apart from the fact that the Visa Officer might want to look at it for seeing if the present salary credits into the account (very very rarely), they will not want to have a look at it at all.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena and ddlj,

Thanks a lot for your replies. The only reason I am asking you about the bank statements is because my present company is a small company and my employer pays me sometimes in cash and sometimes in cheque. So my bank account records will not reflect my salary every month. How can I explain this to the visa officer.

Thanks ,
        Vasu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X